Anterior Mini Hip Replacement
Today’s patients have redefined primary hip replacement through elevated expectations and clinical requirements. MiniHip™, a bone conserving hip replacement, has been specifically designed to address these needs.
Combining the bone conserving benefits of hip resurfacing with the stability of traditional total hip replacement, MiniHip™ provides a solution for today’s challenging, active patient.
Proximal neck geometry Innovatively designed ‘fit and fill’ neck geometry ensures immediate and long-term proximal stability, allowing increased activity levels.
Short stem design Explicitly designed for bone conservation, the short stem is implanted through a mid-neck resection, leaving the diaphysis intact and promoting an earlier return to activity.
Cementless Bi-coat Proven cementless Bi-coat uses an initial scratch fit, creating the necessary friction to promote bone integration for an enduring implant in the active patient (1,2,).
Versatility Intra-operative flexibility allows a seamless transition between hip resurfacing and total hip replacement, coupled with a range of high performance bearings to provide dedicated patient-matched solutions.
Specialised instrumentation designed for all smaller incision approaches, combined with a practical three-stage technique, provides for reproducible results and optimises theatre efficiency.
With its bone conserving stem and range of articulations, MiniHip™ provides a solution for today’s challenging and active patient:
- Short stem to conserve bone for a less invasive procedure.
- Titanium alloy for increased bio-compatibility.
- Multiple high performance articulations.
- Polished slim neck for increased range of motion.
- Mid-neck resection for preservation of the femoral neck.
- Fins for increased rotational stability.
- Medial curve following medial calcar radius for a more anatomical bone conserving fit.
- Bi-coat for initial fixation and osteointegration(1,2).
- Polished distal tip to prevent distal fixation, may help to reduce the risk of anterior thigh pain(3).
- Nine sizes with increasing neck length for a proportional fit.
Instrumentation Specialised instrumentation designed for all small incision approaches, in combination with a practical operative technique, provides for reproducible results and optimises theatre efficiency.
The MiniHip™ single-tray system takes into consideration the modern day, theatre environment:
- Versatile instrumentation allows the MiniHip™ stem to be implanted through the surgeon’s routine approach.
- Innovatively designed instrumentation provides access to the hip through all smaller incision approaches.
- The dedicated double offset handles have been incorporated into the instrumentation for a small incision approach(1).
- The simplified tray system provides for minimal handling time and maximum theatre efficiency.
- The three intra-operative steps allow an easier, more reproducible procedure.